2014 will be the 18th year of the World of Playing Cards, since we launched our website in 1996 the site has grown to over 1,500 articles and informative pages about the history and culture of playing cards. Here's a brief summary of 2013's highlights:
- During 2013 we published 248 new articles, see the full breakdown month-by-month in our archives
- In September we launched a new blog, with now 41 blog posts covering new designers and playing card related projects
- We launched several new topical sections, grouping together articles about:
- We expanded our section of playing cards designed by Karl Gerich
- In 2013 our Facebook fan page has grown to over 1,000 members
- Our Twitter profile is up to almost 300 followers. Follow us @PlayingCards on Twitter
- We now offer custom playing card printing and manufacturing
We're looking forward to adding more educational and informative articles in 2014. If you have anything to contribute feel free to contact us through our contact page. Special thanks to Barney Townshend and Rod Starling for contributing many items from their collections.
Over the years we have also improved the website over many iterations and design changes, here's a highlight of some of the homepage designs.