Rodolfo de Olea Viaña (active 1891-1905) inherited a well-established playing card factory from his father, Segundo de Olea Lepiani, in 1891. Inscriptions on the elephant trademark, as well as on other advertising materials, were updated to notify of the succession. The factory address was at Comedias No.12, Cadiz. In around 1895 Rodolfo de Olea commenced using photolithography which produced a finer quality product, although packs continued to be coloured by the older method using stencils.
The Olea playing card factory exported cards around the world, in particular to South American markets, and was awarded numerous gold, silver and bronze medals at exhibitions which are illustrated on several cards.
Rodolfo de Olea’s son, Rodolfo de Olea Mora (1874-1926) and his step-brother Segundo de Olea Aguilera (1893-c.1950) also manufactured playing cards. See: Segundo de Olea Aguilera►